background

Sunday, March 30, 2014

"Angel Awareness" for suicide prevention

We donated another $15 to the cause. This time to SPAN Idaho. 
The issue of suicide will effect everyone either directly (yourself, your family, your friends) or indirectly (someone you know). By removing the stigma of suicide, making it OK to say "I have felt or am feeling like life isn't worth living," we can work together to change the way life is perceived by those in need. Life is filled with beauty and wonder, but everyone thinks life sucks at times. 
Through our "Angel Awareness" program Tracie and I hope to help fund those working to break the stigma of suicide. The mantra has become "Let the conversations begin!"

1 comment:

  1. I am the recipient of the Angel Awareness pendant. It is beautiful and touches my heart!
    I lost my sixteen year old son, almost eleven years ago. Since that time, I have become involved in suicide prevention and advocating for more awareness to this mental health crisis. In fact, I am now the Executive Director for (Suicide Prevention Action Network) SPAN Idaho. Thank you for helping to create more awareness by donating some of your proceeds to SPAN Idaho. Every little bit helps us to provide more education towards suicide prevention. The Angel Awareness art work is stunning and will be a reminder of the love I will always have for my son. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete